Here is the final video and in engine renders of the finished piece. It’s been a long few months but I’m proud of what I have achieved and can’t wait to see what happens next.
It’s now the end of the three-week Easter break and final hand in is on the 5th of May so I’m in the final push to get the project finished.
Quick update, I found out last week I have been selected to participle in ExpoTees which is a student showcase that takes place after the hand in of final year here at Teesside.
This is an incredible opportunity as only a select number of students are chosen.
You can read more about ExpoTees here needless to say I am very excited and honoured to take part.
I have spent most of this week focusing on the scale of the assets inside unreal. In almost of the 3D projects I have done scale is something that always creates an issue so I was keen to make sure I got it right.
After taking out a week to attend GDC and then a couple more days due to jet leg I’m finally getting back to work.
In XCOM 2 the geosphere is where you get all you mission information and how you pass time, it is essentially a hologram of a globe which turns as time passes.
Creating a realistic holographic shader is one of my main goals in this project so I decided to start work on this one early on, giving myself to come back and refine it as I see fit.
When it comes to creating the assets for my project I start by trying to break the concept art down in to small pieces instead of trying to model it as one big piece. The way I break things down is by considering how they would be manufactured in the real world. If it would be a separate piece in manufacturing then it should be a modelled separately in 3D.